WHAT YOU’LL FIND ON RICK’S BIO AT OFFICIAL NASCAR SOURCES
* Courageously owns 65 car dealerships under the Hendrick Automotive Group, which makes more than 2 billion dollars a year
* Courageously was the basis of Randy Quaid’s character in Days of Thunder.
* Courageously, his middle name is Riddick.
* Courageously owned a drag boat racing team that won three national championships from 1981-1983.
* Courageously owns five Winston Cup, three truck, and one Busch series titles.
* Courageously fought leukemia and is in full remission.
* Courageously lost his son, brother, and two nieces in a plane crash outside Martinsville in 2005.
WHAT HE WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO FORGET.
* Was responsible for keeping noted Yankee asshole Geoff Bodine employed, to the detriment of other racers.
* Despite being from country Virginia, and becoming rich in North Carolina, Rick hates rednecks and wants to crush any hope or joy they may have in their miserable, trailer-bound existence. Or at least, that’s my theory for why he signed Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.
* That plane crash? Might have actually been his brother’s fault.
* Was convicted of mail fraud in a bribery case with Honda executives way back in 1997. In order to get better allocations of cars, he gave BMWs (those zaibatsu and their wacky company loyalty), houses and several hundred grand in cash to Honda execs.
* Despite all that, he was only convicted on one count, over a 20,000 dollar bribe, and received a three year sentence, and a quarter million dollar fine, which luckily he had on him in folding cash that day.
* You wanna talk about weird luck? He was diagnosed with leukemia two weeks before he was indicted. This meant that not only was he convicted on the one count, his three year sentence was changed to a year of house arrest, leading to the first recorded case of a man saying, "Thank God for this leukemia".
I guess it was a miracle, that right after his house arrest was over, his leukemia went into remission, and all the bone marrow drive stuff came off his race cars…yeah right. Rick Hendrick is the biggest crook to walk the face of the earth. If you don’t think his lukemia popped up conveniently to keep his tail out of jail and you don’t think he could buy a Doctor to say anything that he wants, you are possibly the most gullible person on the planet. Perhaps you should buy some Splitfire Plugs and start using Slick 50.
* He was also ordered not to have anything to do with his dealerships or NASCAR team for a year, which was no relief for NASCAR fans. His racer Jeff Gordon won 13 races and the Winston Cup, making sure to thank Rick (weepingly, at length) in Victory Lane, each and every single time.
* Then when Bill Clinton was about to leave office, he pardoned Hendrick, which meant that none of the above ever happened, and he’ll sue if you say otherwise.
* Under the "even a broken heartless shell of a website for moral reptiles is right once a decade" theory, Free Republic dug this out:
1. Hendrick was on the Board of Directors of NationsBank.
2. Hendrick’s friend Hugh McColl was the chairman of NationsBank at that time.
3. NationsBank merged with Bank of America
4. Hugh McColl became chairman and CEO of Bank of America
5. Rick Hendrick requested a pardon from Bill Clinton
6. Bank of America chairman Hugh McColl wrote a letter to Bill Clinton recommending a pardon for Rick Hendrick
7. On December 7, 2000, Hugh McColl announced that Bank of America would donate $500,000 to the Clinton Foundation
8. On December 21, 2000, Bill Clinton granted a pardon to Rick Hendrick.
Everyone considers this man "a GOD" ; the darling car owner of NASCAR. The fact is ……..he is a convicted felon ; guilty of price-fixing at his many automobile dealerships. Were it not for a pardon by outgoing President Bill Clinton, Rick Hendrick would have served time in prison for his illegal business dealings.
I also find it strange that, during the legal proceedings that lead up to his conviction, the media was filling us with "sob stories" about his terrible illness……life-threatening, in fact.
His drivers carried bone marrow donation decals on their race cars. It was played "to the hilt"…….all to detract attention from the seriousness of his crimes.
Suddenly — after his pardon by the President, Rick Hendrick experiences a "miraculous" recovery. Today — he certainly looks as though he is quite healthy, and eating well I might add! It sure is amazing what a Presidential pardon can do for the soul. I think it is disgusting…………another example of wealth above justice in America.